Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Keep It Simple

Essay in New York Times

After reading this essay, it reminds me of this cellphone I have.
Im using a 3 or 4 years old cellphone. It was one of the smart phones came out years ago when I first bought it. It has many functions but I only use the basis of a cellphone such as calling and text. I even barely use the built in camera and mp3 player.

I was attracted to the design then the functions became a plus so I bought it. Once I started to use it, all these functions became useless to me because I found it hard and complicated to use. The application wasn't compatible for some reasons, I had to download some other things and so on. There are too many things going on so I decided not to bother and just use it as what it is- cellphone.

I thought technology suppose to make life easier but not in my case of cellphone use I guess. Maybe I am just too old fashioned. I am still looking for a phone that can really work like a cellphone and yet a simple design of technology. (I still vote for Nokia just because it always gets the best reception)

No comments:

Post a Comment